About Dr. McAllister - Super Doctors
Selected to SuperDoctors for Washington State
Super Doctors identifies top doctors as selected by their peers and the independent research of Key Professional Media.
In selecting physicians for Super Doctors, Key Professional Media employs a rigorous multi-step process designed to identify physicians who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Survey of Doctors
First, we create a pool of candidates based on thousands of ballots to doctors asking them to nominate colleagues they know to be exceptional in their specified field. Physicians are asked to consider the following question: "If you needed medical care in one of the following specialties, which doctor would you choose?"
Our research staff also contributes to the pool of candidates by searching medical databases, online sources, and publications for doctors who have attained certain credentials, honors or professional achievements - what we term 'Star Search Credentials.' This process also includes physicians in less visible or highly specialized medical treatment areas.
Next, each nominee in the candidate pool is evaluated by our research staff, using a set of 10 established indicators with varying point values. Doctors are evaluated on the indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement including:
- Years of experience
- Hospital appointments
- Professional activities
- Leadership positions
- Academic achievements/positions
- Board certifications
- Publications, lectures & presentations
- Honors and awards
Other outstanding achievementBlue Ribbon Panel Review
• Nominees are then grouped into specialties. Doctors, in each area, who have the highest scores from the nomination and evaluation steps are invited to serve on a "blue ribbon panel." Each panelist is asked to review and evaluate a list of nominees from his/her area of focus.
The Final Selection
• The last step is to total the points received from nominations, research, and blue ribbon panel review. Only the highest-scoring doctors are included on the Super Doctors list. The Super Doctors list is approximately 5% of the physicians within the respective state or region.
• Each candidate is contacted to verify the doctor's professional information. Physicians are asked to verify they have not been subject to disciplinary or criminal proceedings. The research staff also independently reviews the discipline record of each candidate before publication and verifies that the doctor is active and in good standing.
Even if selected, a candidate's name will not be published on the Super Doctors list unless all information is confirmed prior to publication. Licensed and active physicians with a "Doctor of Medicine" degree (MD) or a "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine" degree (DO) are eligible to register.
Super Doctors reserves the right to remove candidates and selectees if we determine that they do not meet eligibility, research, and review criteria.