FAQs about ACL Surgery
Links to Videos:
- What is an Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear and who sustains them
- What are the symptoms of an Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear
- What happens if I ignore my injured knee and allow the ACL tear to heal on its own
- Can ACL tears be treated without surgery and who are the right patients for non-surgical treatment
- What does Non-Operative Treatment consist of and what is the long term success of Non-Operative Treatment Dr. McAllister clarifies the role for non-surgical treatment of ACL tears and describes who is appropriate for management of ACL tears without surgery. He emphasizes the short term and long term consequences of avoiding surgery for an ACL tear.
- How do doctors prove the diagnosis of an ACL tear